March was a time of transition and turmoil for many people I know. It bothered me to see so many unsettled. Those concerns were forefront in my mind as I sat down to create the yoga calendar for the Yoga with Adriene community for April.
Spring is a time of change. We are coming out of the cold months and wanting to shake off the dreary and try new things. It can also be a time of restlessness as we look around at all the changes occurring in nature and begin to crave a change for ourselves too.
These feelings are normal. But if we keep them pent up inside ourselves, we end up feeling agitated or unsettled. I say embrace these feelings and direct that pent up energy toward something positive. That energy needs to be released. When it stays inside of us, it comes out through feelings of agitation or something similar. It will find a way out. How about we use that springtime surge of energy to create something positive?
- commit to taking a walk outside every day for at least 15 minutes
- start a small vegetable garden
- clean out the clutter from one room once a week
- try bullet journaling to regain control of all the to do lists, reminders, and events
- practice along with me with my April yoga calendar
These suggestions are simply a jumping off point. These are things that I am going to commit to this April. Use these suggestions if they work for you; if they don't, think of what you need and write your own list. April has 5 letters in the word. I say we stick to 5 goals for the month, one for each letter. Keep it simple so it is achievable.
I would love to hear about your goals for April too. Feel free to share yours in the comments below and let's encourage each other to stick to them, to use this restless energy for positive action. Will you join me?
- Save the calendar by 'right clicking' on it. Then you can save it to your computer and print it from there.
- Watch this video to learn about bullet journaling: http://bulletjournal.com/